Thursday, 28 November 2013

LIQUID FOUNDATION: YSL VS. VAPOUR





Touch éclat: I love this foundation but I think it can irritate my skin a little as I generally notice a little redness when I take it off (I have very sensitive skin). It smells lovely (not necessarily a good thing chemical wise), blends well and has a very light texture. It is very buildable and has the ability to go from a light coverage to medium fairly seamlessly which I love. However, I’d say it definitely needs to be set with powder as I find it’s durability is great when set but otherwise fairly poor. Apparently it’s also free from parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs and triclosan, which is amazing!
Colour: BD50
Price: £28
Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%,

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Discdium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Vapour: A very high performance natural liquid foundation. Dewier than the Touch éclat which surprised me though not as easy to blend (it does feel a little like moving a paste around your face). I can’t decide if I like the smell (it smells beautifully natural yet powdery) but I was surprisingly impressed by the finish and staying power. In comparison to the natural mineral foundations I’ve tried, this product is heavier and I can feel that I’m wearing makeup which I don’t with the powders. But it’s two thumbs up for the Vapour illuminate liquid foundation.
Colour: S120
Price: £41
Ingredients: Organic/Bio Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, Organic/Bio Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic/Bio Lecithin, Organic/Bio Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica, Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense)*, Organic/Bio Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil), Organic/Bio Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers) [+/—: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)]
*Wildcrafted




I only tried a tester of the Vapour foundation (purchased from www.naturisimo.com) but because of it’s amazing natural ingredients which don’t irritate my skin and its natural dewy finish I’m keen to purchase this in place of my Touche éclat foundation once it’s finished (although I’ll find it hard to part with). I would advise trying a tester first though, as it’s an expensive product and would be good to make sure it’s suitable for your skin. I can imagine it would be a little hit and miss with the colours. 

(Both photos were taken in natural light, with no primer, concealer or any other product)

xxx