Friday, 13 December 2013

AN EASY WAY TO RELEASE SHOULDER AND NECK TENSION



The Christmas period can be stressful so I thought it might be helpful to suggest a quick exercise to release neck and shoulder tension that accumulates as a result of stress…

  1. Sit in any comfortable position with your back straight.
  2. Keep your shoulders still and as you inhale, tilt your head left, bringing your left ear towards your shoulder.
  3. Exhale and pull your chin towards your chest.
  4. Inhale and tilt your head right, bringing your right ear towards your right shoulder.


I tend to do about five cycles but repeat as many times as necessary and as often as you need.

I love to massage Neal’s Yard Warming salve into affected areas before I start as I find it helps soothe muscular tension and has a really comforting ginger scent (which also feels quite festive). The scent and sensation reminds me of a more luxurious, less intense tiger balm.
Price: £10
Ingredients: Olive oil*, sunflower oil*, St John's wort extract*, comfrey extract*, beeswax*, water, alcohol denat*, capsicum extract*, lavender oil*, juniper oil*, ginger oil*, rosemary oil*, sage oil*, tocopherol.

xxx