Friday, 6 December 2013

BODY BEAUTY FAVOURITES



I’ve tried a number of body moisturizers, both natural and otherwise and prefer those with fewer chemicals because of the quantity that’s absorbed in one go. Generally speaking I prefer oils because my dry, sensitive skin loves that extra moisture and nourishment. I also find oils easier to massage into my skin, and seeing as self-massage has the potential to improve circulation, immune system, detoxification and muscle tone, I’m keen to incorporate it into my body care. I far from moisturize every day but when I do I like to use products I love that feel pampering. Here are three of my favourites….


Weleda Rose Body Oil: This genuinely feels like a hug in a bottle, both the texture and scent are so comforting. Weleda says “the floral scent harmonizes the body and spirit” which I’d agree with. As for the “preservation of skin’s supple elasticity” I’m not sure how you’d tell, but it moisturizes incredibly well and my skin feels smooth and nourished. This may be more of an evening product, as it does feel quite oily. It suggests using it while skin is still damp, but I use it on dry skin as well which also works (you just need a little more product).
Price: around £20
Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*. * from natural essential oils.

Thisworks Skin Deep Dry Leg Oil: Despite the name I use this all over my body. It smells seriously good and absorbs easily with a great finish. It’s really easy to apply (which is not always true of body oil) so it’s simple but effective. I love the packaging and it’s a great product but it is very expensive and there are plenty of natural oils on the market that I think would do a similar job…
Price: around £40
Ingredients: Simmondsia chinensis(Jojoba) oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil, Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) oil, Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) oil, Rosa rubiginosa (Rosehip) seed oil, Prunus persica (Peach Kernel) oil, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Citrus bergamia (Bergamot) oil, Anthemis nobilis (Roman Chamomile) oil, Juniperus virginiana (Cedarwood) oil, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Sweet Orange) organic oil Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) oil, Rosa centifolia (Rose) absolute, Santalum album (Sandalwood) oil, Polianthes tuberose (Tuberose) absolute), Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang) oil, Aniba rosaeodora (Rosewood) oil, Cinnamomum camphora (Ho Wood) oil, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Eugenol*. *Natural essential oil contents

Sunday Riley Disrobe: This one’s not entirely natural and there are a couple of ingredients I’m not keen on but there aren’t any artificial fragrances or petrochemicals and the results are so good! It claims to firm, detoxify, exfoliate and hydrate without leaving the skin greasy and I really think it does all of the above. My skin is left without residue but a lasting softness and a smell like sweet shea butter you wouldn’t mind eating. It tingles very slightly after application but in a way I enjoy this as it makes me think it’s working (and it’s so slight you may not even notice). It’s really expensive but I think it’s worth the price.
Price: £55
Ingredients: Aloe Leaf Extract, Urea, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Shea Butter, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetra Sodium EDTA, Benxylkonium Chloride


xxx