Tuesday, 21 January 2014

DAY TO NIGHT MAKEUP (NATURAL PRODUCTS)



The other day was my birthday and rather than slog all the way home after a day out, I thought I’d do some makeup that would carry me from day to dinner at Nobu…. Here we go… 




Vapour’s Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation S115 all over my face.

Vapour’s Illusionist Concealer 010 in areas that needed concealing (under eyes, round the nose etc.)

Dr Hauschka Compact Powder buffed onto my face to give my foundation some endurance.

Nuxe Bronzer under my cheek bones, onto my temples and a little on nose.

Vapour’s Multi Use Blush Spark 202 tapped and rubbed onto the apples of my cheeks.

Rms Living Luminizer tapped on to highlight the usual areas (cheek bones, cupids bow bridge of nose etc.)

Rimmel’s Scandaleyes 005 Nude Pencil along my waterline.

Dr Hauschka Eye Palette O1 The lightest shade I actually washed over the lid up to the brow bone and under the eye (in the hope it would set my concealer and bring light to this area). The next lightest shade, a kind of nudey taupe I put over my lids and the outer third of my lower lashes. The second darkest shade (slightly greyer than the taupe) I blended into my socket line.

I used a combo of the two darkest shades to fill in my eyebrows.

I then drew a kind of feline flick with Inika Eye Liner 05 Black Caviar starting about half way along my eye, dragging line out and up then going over this with the darkest eyeshadow shade starting at the inner corner of my eye.

 
For mascara I used a combination of Terry’s Growth Booster Mascara and Max Factor’s 24 hr False Lash Effect Black Mascara, not because it lasts longer than my natural mascaras (I don’t think it does) but because it gives more volume which I love, especially for evening!

I didn't want to do too much with my lips so i just dabbed a little foundation onto them followed by Nuxe Lip Balm.







Birthday Flowers... A Day in The Arts Club...




Some comfy(ish)shoes to take me from day to dinner

(Office Velvet Flatforms)...

A jammy time at Liberty... 


I hope you like the look! It’s quite a good’n that I use quite a bit as it works for a variety of occasions.


xxx