Tuesday, 14 January 2014

HOLIDAY MAKEUP WITH NATURAL PRODUCTS




I’ve actually found that natural makeup trumps synthetic makeup in performance when it comes to hotter climates. I always found that synthetic makeup didn’t look quite right holiday, looking too cakey and smudging. The more natural products however seem to work with my skin and climate much better meaning you don’t look too made up. It also means I take fewer products in my makeup bag easing up more space in my packing… Win win!








RMS ‘un’coverup 22 I basically used this as a foundation, all over the center of my face, going over bits that needed extra coverage

Neal’s Yard Mineral Foundation 04 Warm I put this all over my face to add a little extra coverage, a little extra glow and a little extra staying power.

Neal’s Yard Black Eyeliner I rimmed the waterline, went over the upper lashline then traced my socket line with the pencil and blended with my finger to add more definition here.

RMS Cream Eyeshadow Seduce I love this shade, it’s subtler than it looks in the pot. I used my finger to take it over my lids up to the socket line and under my lower lashes. It does crease and I tried putting a loose powder over it to prevent this but I feel it ruins the effect of the eyeshadow so now I just leave it. When it does crease it’s not too offensive, it looks quite cool and warn in.

Kjaer Weis Mascara on curled lashes.

Nuxe Poudre éclat Prodigieux I swept under my cheek bones, onto my temples then blended.

Vapour’s Multi Use Blush in Spark 202 I used on the apples of my cheeks.

RMS Living Luminizer I used anywhere I wanted highlighted (cheek bones, brow bones, cupids bow, bridge of nose)

Dr Hauschka Eye Palette 01 I used a combination of the darkest shade and
second darkest shade for my eyebrows

Lipstick Queen The Hustle I usually wouldn’t go for something so glittery but I got this for Christmas and actually love it as more of an evening nude… Great for holidays!

xxx