Wednesday, 29 January 2014

MULTI USE BLUSH: NARS ORGASM VS. VAPOUR SPARK

As a long time lover of the Nars Multiple in Orgasm I thought it would be interesting to compare it to a natural multi use blush, Vapour’s Aura Multi Use Blush in Spark 202.

Both these products serve the same function and can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks. I’ve never used either on my eye lids as I don’t tend to wear pink shades there, but it’s nice to know it’s an option and I can imagine both would look nice with blue eyes.

Nars: The colour has more of a golden sheen to it, meaning it illuminates as well as provides colour. There are tiny bits of glitter in it which I’m not usually a fan of, but they’re so subtle and add such a healthy glow I think it’s an integral part of the product! This colour is also great on lips (but I tend to need a lip balm to hand as well as it doesn’t really provide moisture). It’s softer in texture than the Vapour product, but both are fairly easy to sweep on.
Price: £30
Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cetyl Dimethicone, Diisospropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Silica, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Euphorbia Cerifera), Ozokerite, Nylon 66, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Vapour: The Spark 202 is a gorgeous colour for everyday! The colour is subtle yet buildable and lasts incredibly well, more so than the Nars. I don’t use this product on my lips as although the colour is great, I don’t love it on my lips and it’s quite dry. In colour, it’s perhaps slightly peachier than the Nars. I only bought a tester of this product (naturisimo.com) but it comes in similar packaging to the Nars Multiple which winds up and down like a lipstick (but chunkier).
Price: £29
Ingredients: Organic/Bio Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic/Bio Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica, Mica, Castor Isostearate Beeswax Succinate*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Essential Oils & Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense) Gum**, Organic/Bio Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil) ) Leaf Extract, Organic/Bio Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) ) Leaf Extract [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470)]


The Verdict: Despite the fact these two serve similar functions and are similar in colour, they give slightly different results. I’d describe the Nars Orgasm as glow giver, immediately brightens and adds a subtle healthy colour to the face. It’s amazing for holidays! I think the Vapour is more of an endurance blush, with buildable colour making it a more flexible product, suitable for every day needs. (Price and packaging are very similar).

Which one would I buy? It completely depends on your wants and needs and although I absolutely love the Nars products, for me, I’d get more use out of the Vapour one (plus love the fact it’s organic).

xxx