Wednesday, 22 January 2014

MY WINTER SKIN REGIME

I have to admit… I think I’m onto a bit of a winner here! Usually the winter wreaks havoc on my skin; dry, inflamed… the works. But this year my skin seems to be coping and I’d say that it’s probably as a result of the following products. Gentle yet effective, my skin's never looked better in the winter months!




MORNING:


1) Dr Alkaitis Organic Purifying Cleanser – I apply this onto a wet face, rub it around and rinse. Hands down the best cleanser I’ve ever used!

Price: £43.50
Ingredients: Into a base of virgin cold pressed organic oils (organic Jojoba*, St. John’s Wort* and Andean Mountain Rose Hip seed* oils), the following organic and wild-crafted herbals are blended: Indian Madderº, Country Sarsaparillaº, Amazon root* and Liquorice*. Country Mallowº, Turmeric*, China rootº, Costusº, and White Sandalwoodº. Cuscus Grassº, Olive*, Eagle Woodº, Nut Grassº, Bermuda Grassº and Ashwagandhaº. Also added are natural vitamin E complex (D- alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols) and 100% pure Essential Oils*.

2) Dr Alkaitis Soothing Gel - I use this as my toner and massage it into my skin to prep it for moisturizer and reduce inflammation.

Price: £43.50
Ingredients:  Into a base of Organic Aloe Vera Gel* and Witch Hazelº the following organic and wild-crafted herbals are blended: organically grown grape alcohol* (from the fermentation of organically grown grains). Greater Nettle*, Wild Chamomileº, Myrrhº, European Elder*, Sweet Weed*, and French Lavender*. Curacao Orange*, Benzoinº, Rosemary*, Olibanumº, Wild Fennelº, Balm Mint*, Sea Oakº, Atlantic Kelpº and Red Seaweedº. Also added are natural vitamin B and vitamin C complexes and 100% pure essential oils*.

3) Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream – Massaged onto my face while it’s still damp from the toner (to increase absorption). Smells great, it isn’t too heavy but is so effective and moisturizing!

Price: £13.95
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Lysolecithin, Sedum Purpureum Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*. *from natural essential oils.


4) Voya Bright Eyes – Massage and dab around my eyes to reduce puffiness etc.

Price: £ 50
Ingredients: Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-3 Methyglucose, Distearate, Diglycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-16 Alcohols, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Oenothera Biennis Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil Unsaponifiables, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Fucus Serratus Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Zingiber Officinale Extract, Camelia Sinensis Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Oryzanol, Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cananga Odorata Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Seed Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Vetiveria Zizanoides Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus Oil,


EVENING: 


1) Coconut Oil - to remove any traces of makeup rub it around then remove with a cloth.

2) Dr Alkaitis Organic Purifying Cleanser - (as before)

3) Dr Alkaitis Soothing Gel - (as before)

4) Dr Alkaitis Organic Night Cream - Amazing amazing amazing. I put this on after my Dr Alkaitis Soothing Gel and it gently works wonders over night.

Price: £69.50
Ingredients: Organic Aloe Vera Gel*, virgin cold pressed organic Shea butter*, Organic Herbal Skin Repair Complex (composed of the organic herbs Jojoba*, Olive*, Hundred- leaved Rose blossomsº, Wild Carrotº, Echinacea root*, Coltsfoot*, Horsetail*, Water Navelwort*, Marigold blossoms*, and Roman Chamomile flowers*). Vegetable Lecithin*, Citrus seed extract*. Natural complexes of: vitamin E (D- alpha, beta, gamma, delta tocopherols and tocotrienols from Sunflower and Palm oils), vitamin A (from Carrot*, Aztec Marigold*), vitamin B (from Yerba Matº, Chlorella*) and vitamin C (from Camu Camuº, Acerola Cherry*), 100% pure Essential Oils*.

Alpha H Liquid Gold - I primarily use this as my exfoliator and I no longer get those irritating little dry patches associated with winter that foundation only ends up highlighting! I use this about once a week or fortnight after cleansing, and follow it with the soothing gel and moisturizer and it works well.

I was so disappointed when I first got this product. I’d read so many rave reviews and it wasn’t living up to my expectations. I think the key with this product is finding what works for you! At first I used it two or three times a week, after cleansing and without following it with a product. I think this was too much for my sensitive skin to handle…

Price: £31.50
Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Silk, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

It’s an expensive bunch but I’ve really found this regime to work which means I’m not constantly buying new products in the hope that they’ll live up to their claims… These already do!


xxx