Sunday, 12 January 2014

NEAL’S YARD MAKEUP REVIEW

I absolutely love the Neal’s Yard Body and Skincare ranges and so was keen to try the makeup. Although I love the general ethos of the brand, in terms of performance it’s a mixed review for the makeup.



MINERAL PRESSED EYESHADOW: 70 SILVER BIRCH

I love this product. The mineral pressed eyeshadows come in a range of gorgeous colours but I decided to go for the Silver Birch.  Silver is not my usual go to colour but I’d loved a makeup look I’d seen this winter on Cara Delevingne and Olivia Palermo that both featured silver.






















This eyeshadow is iridescent and I’d say on the bluer side of silver. It’s buildable which I love as it can be used for a light wash or a fairly impactful colour, however I’d advise using a primer as the staying power isn’t amazing... I’m keen to purchase some of the other colours in this range!

(I’ve compared it in the photo to Mac’s Silver Birch Eyeshadow as it’s the only other silver I have)

Price: £12.50

Ingredients: Mica, Zea mays (corn) starch*, Ethylhexyl stearate, Zinc stearate, Squalane, Ethylhexyl palmitate, Tapioca starch*, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, Punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil*, Rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil*, Tocopherol, Camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77491 (iron oxides).


MIDNIGHT MINERAL EYE LINER

This eyeliner reminded me of the kind of product I would have purchased when I was about 12. I felt like a bit of a novice when I was using it, as the Black isn’t a true black and the product has real difficulty transferring onto the water line. Having said that, I have used it quite a bit and like to wear it in the day (which I wouldn’t usually with a heavy black) as it provides a very natural enhanced look without looking heavy. In particular, I like to apply it between and along my upper lashes for a very subtly enhanced upper lashline.

(In the picture I’ve compared it to an Urban Decay Black Eyeliner)

Price: £9.50
Ingredients: Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed cera\wax, Oleyl alcohol, Mica, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) cera\wax*, Glyceryl ricinoleate, Rhus verniciflua (Sumac berry) peel cera\wax, Shorea robusta (Sal tree) resin, Cetyl alcohol, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, CI 77499 (Iron oxides).



NEW LENGTHENING MASCARA BLACK
















My least favourite of the three, purely because I like my mascara to really enhance my lashes and make an impact where as this has a far more natural finish. It seems far more liquidy when applied than any other mascara I've used, almost watery and in my opinion there are far better natural mascaras on the market (my favourite being Kjaer Weis). I will say though, the staying power is surprisingly good, it’s very comfortable and doesn’t flake or smudge.


























Price: £16

Ingredients: Aqua, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) wax*, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil*, CI 77499, Glycerin, Cetearyl glucoside, Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil*, Argania spinosa (Argan) kernel oil*, Glyceryl caprylate, Bambusa arundinacea (Bamboo) stem powder, Dextrin palmitate, Xanthan gum, Sucrose laurate, Heptyl undecylenate, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Sigesbeckia orientalis extract, Abies picea (Spruce) extract, Caprooyl tetrapeptide-3, Tocopherol, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Pullulan, Sorbitol, Trehalose, Glyceryl undecylanate, Acacia Senegal gum, Vanillin, Maltodextrin, Alcohol, Sodium levulinate, Dextran, Levulinic acid. *Organic ingredient.Made with 78% organic ingredients and 5% natural minerals. Suitable for vegans.

xxx