Monday, 17 February 2014

ANNEMARIE BORLIND: CELEBRITY RED LIPSTICK


This is my first natural lipstick and I’ve been surprisingly impressed with its performance. The colour is amazing, a beautiful, highly pigmented red. It lasts quite well and although it does fade, it fades in a consistent way so you’re not left with a creepy red ring around your outer lips or patches of stain. It also moisturises very well unlike most lipsticks which I find to be incredibly drying. It has a very faint natural ingredients kind of scent and has no shimmer which I love.


In the picture I’ve compared the Borlind Celebrity Red to Nars Mysterious Red velvet matte lip pencil (I bit of a non-natural favourite) and Rimmel’s lasting finish lipstick in Alarm.


I personally like my red lipstick to be quite matte, and to achieve this as well as increase the Borlind Celebrity Red staying power I dab a little Dr Hauschka translucent powder over the top. 

To define the shape of my lips I also like to use a lip liner. At the moment I’m using a Rimmel one, but if anyone has any good natural lip liner suggestions I’ve be really grateful.

Price: £13.95


Ingredients: RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL [CASTOR], SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL [JOJOBA], MICA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, LIMNANTHES ALBA SEED OIL [MEADOWFOAM], EUPHORBIA CERIFERA CERA [CANDELILLA], BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER [SHEA], CERA ALBA [BEESWAX], THEOBROMA CACAO SEED BUTTER [COCOA], POLYGLYCERYL-3 OLEATE, C10-18 TRIGLYCERIDES, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA [CARNAUBA], PANTHENYL ETHYL ETHER, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES CITRATE, SILICA, AROMA [FRAGRANCE], BISABOLOL, LECITHIN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LIMONENE. May contain: CI 77491 [IRON OXIDES], CI 77742 [MANGANESE VIOLET], CI 77891 [TITANIUM DIOXIDE], CI 15850:1 [RED 7 LAKE], CI 15985:1 [YELLOW 6 LAKE], CI 77499 [IRON OXIDES], CI 77492 [IRON OXIDES].



AnneMarie Borlind Natural Beauty was a brand I hadn’t come across before. I’ve been so impressed with the lipstick that I’m definitely keen to try out other products in the range!


xxx