Tuesday, 25 February 2014

BRONZER: CHANEL LES BEIGES VS. NUXE POUDRE ECLAT PRODIGIEUX


























Nuxe Poudre Eclat Prodigieux: I usually use to contour. When used as a bronzer, it provides a really natural, even glow without being iridescent or sparkly... This I salute. It’s on the browner, redder side in colour which I like as I find it looks more natural than the more orangey bronzers. It smells amazing (as all Nuxe products do) however the ingredients aren’t quite as natural as I’d like. 

As a result, I sort of wish I’d gone for the Caudalie Mineral Bronzing Powder I’d been considering (as the ingredients is purer). However, I have to say I've been impressed with the Nuxe Bronzer and despite the paraben content, I do like the product.

 
Price: £25
Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Ci 77891/titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ci 77492/iron Oxides, Ci 77491/iron Oxides, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Nylon-12, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Ci 77499/iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Parfum/fragrance, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isododecane, Ethylene/va Copolymer, Methylparaben, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool [n1007/b].


Chanel Les Beiges: Oh my gosh does Chanel know how to do packaging! I basically bought this because it was so unbelievably beautiful and chic. However, I haven’t particularly enjoyed this product, primarily because I can feel it on my sensitive skin despite it being advertised as “lightweight” and “gentle”. 

I also feel that Les Beiges is having a bit of an identity crisis. I have personally used it as a bronzer but found the colour a little too orangey yellow. The lady at the counter suggested it could also be used as a very light foundation, but for me it provides little if any coverage. The half moon brush it comes with is ok, good for touch ups but very little else. 

It smells good and looks amazing, and just holding it makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn, but it’s incredibly expensive and just doesn’t quite perform for me. From the ingredients, it also looks as though it contains things such as aluminium, ingredients you don’t want your skin to be absorbing.


 
Price: £38
Ingredients: Talc, Nylon, Titanium Dioxide (Nano), Ethylhexl Methoxycinnamate, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica, Stearic Acid, Aluminium Dimyristate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Myristate, Tin Oxide, Gossypium Arboreum (Cotton) Leaf Cell Extract, Rosa Alba Leaf Cell Extract, BHT, Citric Acid (May Contain Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica)






















I’d love to hear if you’ve tried Les Beiges or Nuxe’s Poudre Eclat Prodigieux and how you’ve got on with it… 

Personally I can’t fault Chanel’s packaging, but for me that’s all Les Beiges is… Something beautifully presented. I can’t say I've experienced any particular benefits from the product itself. With regards to the Nuxe Bronzer, I love how it performs; I just wish it didn’t contain parabens…

If anyone's tried the Caudalie Mineral Bronzing Powder I mentioned, I'd also love to hear some what it's like!

xxx