Monday, 3 February 2014

CUTICLE CREAM: EVE LOM VS. DR BRONNER


Eve Lom Cuticle Cream: I found this to be a huge waist of money! I’m not sure what possessed me to buy this at £16 a pop but I’m drawn to the Eve Lom packaging like Gollum to the ring, it’s just too pretty and precious. I really expected it to do something magic at this price but I’m afraid it doesn’t perform any better than a hand cream (if that). As far as I can work out it just moisturizes the cuticles a little which is fine, but simply doesn’t justify that price.

Price: £16

Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM LACTATE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, SORBETH-30, CERA ALBA, HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ISOPRENE COPOLYMER, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, ZINC PCA, COPPER PCA, C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, EUGENIA CARYOPHYLLUS, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS, HUMULUS LUPULUS (HOPS) OIL, ACHILLEA MILLEFOLIUM EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, SPENT GRAIN WAX, BHT, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, BETA-CAROTENE.

Dr Bronner’s Magic “All-One” Organic Baby Balm: I usually use this balm for my lips, but on a whim while I was out I decided it to massage a little into my cuticles. Despite this being an oily balm, I find this to leave a far less greasy residue in comparison to the Eve Lom cuticle cream and it honestly does a much better job at conditioning my cuticles. For me this is a hands down winner!

Price: £3.99


Ingredients: Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Tocopherol


xxx