Monday, 24 February 2014

DEEP PINK LIP


I absolutely love this Hot Rose Sinner lipstick by Lipstick Queen. I like to think of it as a slightly more sophisticated pink. It’s highly pigmented with no shimmer but a very very slight gloss. Unfortunately, it’s not in any way organic or natural so if anyone knows of a similar colour comprised of natural ingredients I’d love to hear about it! The rest of the makeup however is completely natural and I think would probably go with any lip colour, so have a go experimenting and let me know how you get on!

 

























In order of application….

Vapour’s Atmosphere Foft Focus Foundation s115: Having prepped my skin with Dr Alkaitis Nourishing treatment oil I applied quite a bit of Vapour’s foundation with my fingers, finishing by gently tapping my face.

Vapour’s Illusionist Concealer 010: I applied this under my eyes and anywhere else that needed concealing.

Dr Hauschka Compact Powder: I set my foundation and concealer by patting this powder over my face with the puff thing that comes with it. (I’m not sure if it’s called a puff, whatever comes inside the packaging).

Lipstick Queen Hot Rose Sinner: I did my lips next so that I could gauge how strong I wanted my eye. I applied the lipstick straight from the bullet, blotted it with tissue, applied Dark Pink Barry M Lip Liner around and onto the lips, then reapplied the Lipstick straight from the bullet.

Kjaer Weiss Eyeshadow Cloud Nine: I’m not sure this step is actually necessary because I then covered this eyeshadow with different colours but I applied this over my lid and up to my brow, onto the inner corners of my eyes and a little under the inner half of my lower lashes.
 
Neal’s Yard Black Eyeliner: I applied this right into the roots of my upper lashes.

RMS Eyeshadow Solar: I applied this over my lid, into the inner corners of my eye and quite liberally under and onto my lower lash line. I also used a little with the Living Luminizer over my cheek bones to add a little golden glow.

RMS Eyeshadow Seduce: I used just a little of this on the outer third of my lid and outer third of my lower lashline.

Kjaer Weiss Mascara: Having curled my lashes I applied A LOT of this <3.
 
Dr Hauschka Eyeshadow Palette 01: I used this for my brows, but if you want a slightly stronger eye with the lip, I’ve found these colours are perfect for gently enhancing the eyes with this shade of pink.

RMS Lip2Cheek Smile: I smiled to find the apples of my cheeks then patted it on with my fingers.

Nuxe Bronzing Powder: I used to very gently contour, sweeping it under my cheeks, jawline and over my temples.

RMS Living Luminizer: Served as my highlighter and was patted on to cheekbones, brow bones, cupids brow and down my nose.

 

























I also decided to change up my hair (I’m very indecisive when I get ready) so took a French Braid over my hair line from left ear to right, sweeping it back into a ponytail/bun, very slightly tugging out the tightly plaited braid to make it look a little less polished.

xxx