Wednesday, 19 February 2014

SPOT TREATMENTS: NELSON VS DERMOLOGICA


At the moment my face is hosting an unwanted visitor and in order to quell the situation I’ve been applying my go to: Nelsons Tea Tree Cream. I thought it might be helpful to compare it with Dermologica’s Special Clearing Booster to share what options are out there and what I’ve thought of them.
 
Nelsons Tea Tree Cream: I find to be a gentle yet efficient way of clearing up any breakouts. It looks fairly medical but I find the antiseptic qualities really help. Make sure you go for the new and improved formula, as this one doesn’t have any parabens.
Price: £6.99
Ingredients: Tea tree, Aqua, Isopropyl palmitate, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl stearate citrate, Cera alba (Beeswax), Cetyl palmitate, Glyceryl caprylate, Xznthan gum, Potassium sorbate, Limonene, Citric acid, Linalool
  
Dermologica’s Special Clearing Booster: This is a topical treatment that I was told would speedily clear up the odd break out that I get. I’m sure it works well for some, but for me it doesn’t seem to be overly helpful or worth the price. I can’t bare to throw it away so I’ve relegated it to dealing with any misbehaving ingrown hairs.
Price: £39.50
Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, PEG-8; Extracts of: Calendula Officinalis, Chamomile, Linden, Cornflower, Matricaria, Hypericum Perfoatum, Watercress, Burdock, Sage Lemon, Ivy, Saponaria Officinalis; Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

I hope this is helpful and I’d love to hear if you’ve got any natural spot treatments worth trying!


xxx