Saturday, 22 March 2014

DR HAUSCHKA CHORUS LIMITED EDITION MAKE-UP


I am already a huge fan of Dr Hauschka (particularly the brands makeup) so I got very over excited when I saw evidence of the Chorus collection popping up on various beauty blogs… So excited in fact, when I couldn’t find a UK distributor online, I panicked and decided to ship it in from Germany… A panic buy that paid off.




Matte & Shimmer Blush Trio – I’ve been looking for a great natural press powder blush and here it is! Surprisingly subtle when it’s on cheek, I just swirl my brush in all three shades and apply. From left to right there’s a beautiful shimmery, peachy, coral colour, then a beautiful light rose, matte pink, followed by a deeper shade of cool pink (which I thought was going to be too much but actually works perfectly in the trio). Such a sophisticated finish and I think these colours would suit any skin tone. It just adds the right degree of colour.

Price: 23 Euro
Ingredients: Talc, Kaolin, Diatomaceous Earth (Solum Diatomeae), Magnesium Stearate, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf Extract, Silica, Silk (Serica) Powder, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Citral*, Eugenol*. [May contain (+/-) Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].

Lipstick 18 – I was worried this would be too orangey or the wrong shade of coral when I saw this online but purchased it anyway (panic buy mode). It’s absolutely the perfect summer nude, golden apricot - probably best with a tan. It’s not sparkly but has a slight enhancing shimmer. It smells amazing (like jasminey rose I think), is highly pigmented and lasts. I also find that in opposition to the many lipsticks i've used in the past, this one actually conditions.

Price: 17 Euro
Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Farnesol*, Limonene*, Geraniol*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Eugenol*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Lecithin, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Kajal Eyeliner 08 – A very useful dark brown, grey shade. Easy to apply (which is not always the case with natural eyeliners) and long lasting. This taupe Kajal Eyeliner defines my eye with the intensity of a black eyeliner without the harshness (if that makes sense). I’m not sure why there aren’t more taupe shades like this as a permanent fixture on the market as I think it would be a great shade for every eye colour.

Price: 12 Euro
Ingredients: Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Mica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Canola Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Pyrus Cydonia Peel/Fruit Wax, Diatomaceous Earth (Solum Diatomeae), Glyceryl Caprylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

So in love with these products am I that I’m considering stocking up before it’s discontinued. Have you tried anything from this drool-worthy range? I’d love to hear your thoughts. There are also two eye shadow duos in the Chorus range that I’m contemplating getting since my success with these other products...

xxx