Friday, 21 March 2014

MARCH LOVE LULA BOX

 I’ve been seriously enjoying the goodies in this month’s Love Lula Box…








Balm Balm Rose Geranium Face Balm - A multi purpose balm for anywhere in need of TLC. I like it a lot, in particular on my lips and cuticles; it’s simple and easy with cute packaging. I don’t think I’ll ever find myself particularly raving about a multi purpose balm just because their purpose and the results are always a little vague, but they’re definitely a great handbag or bedside table staple, and with its rose scent this one smells especially great.
 
Would I buy it? Probably.
Price: £8
Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil), Pelargonum Graveolens (Rose Geranium Essential Oil), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Calendula Officinalis (Calendula Oil), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil).


Gwdihw Smoochy Lips Balm – Perfectly nice but nothing to write home about… I love the cherry scent though!

Would I buy it? I think there are better ones out there for the same price so I don’t think so.
Price: £4.50
Ingredients: Coconut oil, olive oil, calendula, natural cherry flavour


Odylique Superfruit Concentrate – I’ve been enjoying this. Not the easiest to get drops out of the tester dispenser but as it claims, the product certainly gave me a healthy boost of moisture and a bit of a glow. I was personally using this after toner, before moisturizer in the morning and loved it. Then I read the directions which suggested using it after moisturizer to lock in moisture etc. so do what you will with it, both techniques seem to work. It can be a little tricky to move around the face so sometimes I've ended up patting it on. Use it as you will, day or night, the products certainly a good one.

Would I buy it? Yes
Price: £33
Ingredients: Persea gratissima fruit oil*, Simmondsia chinensis seed oil*, Rosa canina fruit extract*, Punica granatum seed extract*, Hippophae rhamnoides fruit extract* 


Argentum Sachet – This came in a mysterious black envelope and I have to admit, a part of me felt like I’d got in to Hogwarts… I was surprised by how effective this was… When I found out how much it cost, it made more sense, but still, I was very impressed with its performance! I think this would be great for more mature skin. The texture was thick and creamy but easy to spread... I will say that it can feel a little cloying, but I think that’s just a kind of ‘firming sensation’, the ‘potent’ ingredients doing its thing. It leaves skin feeling seriously moisturized without leaving any greasy residue. It smells unreal, so so good, but it’s the kind of scent I’m not convinced I want on my face all morning and night… It’s a scent I think I’d love on a mysterious French man, not necessarily in my skincare.

Would I buy it? If I had the funds I certainly would! But purely because of the price I’d have to say no… At least not at the moment…
Price: £147
Ingredients: Colloidal Silver (Hydrosol), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Oil Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides (Palm Oil), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (Vegetal Origin), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond Oil), Glycerin (from Karanja Tree), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (from Coconut Oil), Aqua, Cetearyl Glucoside (Sugar and Coconut Extract), Caffeine, Sodium DNA (DNA HP), Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate (from Vegetal Oil), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower Oil), Xanthan Gum (Vegetal Origin), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera Extract), Parfum (Essential Oils), Potassium Sorbate (Soil Association / Ecocert Preservative), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate (Soil Association / Ecocert Preservative), Citric Acid (Vegetal Origin), Limonene (Essential Oils), Linalool (Essential Oils), Eugenol (Essential Oils)


Egyptian Magic – I actually already have the large tub of this. I really wish they would make a small version as I mainly use this as a lip balm. It’s a multi purpose balm that can be used pretty much anywhere for pretty much anything! It’s quite impressive in this sense, and it does a good job of moisturizing anywhere I apply it (mainly lips, elbows, feet, sometimes face) but the results never seem to blow me away.

Would I buy it? Already have but can’t decide if I will again.
Price: £22
Ingredients: Olive Oil, BeesWax, Honey Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Bee Propolis.


xxx