Tuesday, 11 March 2014

RMS BEAUTY MAKEUP REVIEW

I’ve found a few firm favourites in this line, in particular the Living Luminizer. Developed by Rose-Marie Swift, I love that the motivation behind this brand was very much personal; it makes me both trust the brand and want to support it. Having experienced some fairly serious health issues as a result of her enduring exposure to the chemicals in mainstream cosmetics, Rose-Marie Swift developed her own line of cosmetics with very pure, organic ingredients. With the products containing a base of coconut oil, much of the RMS ingredients doubles up as skincare (woop woop).  As a makeup artist herself, she clearly understands what’s desired of a product and oh my do they deliver! In order of preference…


Living Luminzer – Unbelievably good, this product 100% lives up to it’s hype. Effortlessly gives a glow from within without being sparkly. It’s so easy to use and (as with all her products) very much portable. Definitely a must in the makeup bag! 
Price: £30
Ingredients: *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] Illuminator

“Un”cover-up – Initially I was blown away with this product, and then using it just as a cover up a fell a bit out of love because while the coverage is good, it’s not enough to cover blemishes completely and it has a slight tendency to settle into creases under the eyes. I’ve started using it all over my face and have decided it’s a definite keeper that I’ll repurchase. I’d say the coverage is light to medium but it’s so natural, and definitely gives that much sought after second skin effect. Shade 22 is also perfect for me.
Price: £28
Ingredients: *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499]

Solar Cream Eye Shadow – This is dreamy, so easy to use. A great shade of gold for both night and day and I’ve also used it as a highlighter in my more tanned moments. It can crease a little, but not so noticeabley and I’d say in general it stays fairly put.
Price: £19
Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil,*Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol(non-GMO), *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica CI 77019, Carmine CI 75470]


Smile Lip2Cheek - A bit hit and miss with this one. It’s a highly pigmented coral that can look so great with a natural look but you may find it to be too much if the rest of your makeup is on the heavier side. I also rarely, if ever use it on my lips. I’m looking forward to using this summer but I’m not convinced that I’ll repurchase it as it is rather expensive and I find powder blush a little easier to use.
 
Price: £28
Ingredients: *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Tocopherol(non-GMO) *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/-Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Mica CI 77019, Iron Oxide CI 77491, CI 77492, Red 30 CI 73360, Red 6 Lake CI 15850]

Seduce Cream Eye Shadow – This is a really nice colour, it’s just I’ve found it creases quite a bit and for me, with its price tag I’m just not so ok with it. Nice, but I don’t think I’ll repurchase. Apparently you can also use this shade to sculpt and in your brows but while I haven’t tried it, I can’t see it being an easy job.
Price: £19
Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil,*Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol(non-GMO), *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica CI 77019, Carmine CI 75470]


I’ve really been impressed with this brand and can certainly see myself repurchasing a number of the products. Also quite a few of the Victoria Secret Angels are rumoured to be fans of the brand and if it’s good enough for them…!  I’d love to hear your experiences with RMS beauty, any favourite products and shades?

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11925133/?claim=5fvejpzz35k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

xxx