Saturday, 15 March 2014

THE HAIR NECESSITIES

So the following are a couple of natural hair products that I’ve found to be quite impressive or useful or both… Here we go…


Yarok Feed Your Roots Mousse: This is a great way to add a little bed head volume. My hair’s quite fine so needs a little help on the volume front and this seems to do the trick without feeling sticky. I’d say it doesn’t have much of a scent apart from being slightly citrusy. You can apply it to wet hair before styling, but seeing as I usually let my hair dry naturally I tend to just gently rub a little into my roots when it’s dry (which I find works well). It’s all very quick and easy. One thing I will say is this packaging is seriously un-sturdy so I can’t imagine it would travel well.
Price: £19
Ingredients: Distilled Vitamin Enhanced Water; organic non-GMO corn or rice extract; certified organic vegetable glycerin; organic herbal extracts of: black currant, beet root, kham thai and blueberry; natural plant sourced vitamins B1, B2, B3 and C; organic coconut oil, plant sourced kosher vegan xanthan gum & potassium sorbate; organic African black soap; Vitamin A; organic essential oils of: rosemary and litsea cubeba. 

Leonor Greyl Masque Fleurs De Jasmin – This is a nourishing treatment mask that is left on for 20 minutes but if I’m in a rush and still want of boost of hydration, I just use this product as a conditioner. It has a strong jasmine scent (so the 20 minutes is a very pleasant one!) and leaves my hair so soft and manageable. Apparently it works on improving hair quality over time, but I’ve yet to see this.
Price: £34
Ingredients: Aqua, Buxus Chinesis Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides, Cocamide MEA, Ceteareth-33, PEG-15 Cocopolyamine, Acacia Senegal, Hydrolyzed Silk, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Water, Lauryl Dimethyl Amine Oxide, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Lactic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone.

Avalon Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Shampoo: Unfortunately my scalp is ridiculously sensitive and I’m one of the lucky percentage of people prone to scalp psoriasis and so still occasionally have to use Neutrogena’s T Gel. However this is my primary shampoo. It lathers well, has a strong scent of tea tree (which I love, especially in the morning) and cleans my hair effectively. It’s also fairly inexpensive which is always a plus.
Price: £5
Ingredients: Purified water, cocamidopropyl betaine, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, coconut acid, babassuamidopropalkonium chloride, organic rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf(1), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower(2) and citrus limonum (lemon) peel(1) extracts, beta-glucan (oat), vegetable glycerin, bisabolol (chamomile), ethylhexylglycerin, arginine (amino acid), panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), tocopherol (vitamin E), organic melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil(1) and other essential oils.


xxx