Saturday, 12 April 2014

COMVITA FACE MASKS – A STEAL DEAL

Whether it’s from a computer screen or a shop window, I can never refuse the allure of a natural beauty product… Comvita on Portobello Rd was just this magnet. Although I’ve been peripherally conscious of the brand I’ve never tried the products and when I discovered that it was £5 for two face masks (usually around £20 each) nothing could have stopped my beeline for the till (excuse the pun – the staple ingredient in the line is Manuka Honey).



Pore Refining Mask – Although this isn’t a treatment I would usually go for I enjoyed the experience. The consistency seems to be between clay and cream and comes in a squeezy tube. The moment I applied this I could feel it doing its thing, very gently tingling in a good way. My face felt incredibly cleansed after the treatment but I’m unable to say whether my pores were ‘refined’.

Price: £25
Ingredients: Aqua (water), glyceryl stearate, Macadamia integrifolia (macadamia) seed oil, mel (Manuka honey HUNI®XA), kaolin, bentonite, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, sodium cocoyl apple amino acids, magnesium aluminum silicate, silt, cetearyl alcohol, Argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil & Serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract & Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed extract, sucrose cocoate, glyceryl caprylate, p-anisic acid, parfum / fragrance (contains components of essential oils: Limonene), tocopherol & beta-sitosterol & squalene.


Intensive Hydrating Mask – This is for normal to dry skin and so more suited to my skins needs. I applied this for about 15 minutes, which left my skin feeling very hydrated, and the next morning I noticed a general improvement in my complexion. This creamy facemask can also be used as an intensive over night moisturizer and though I am yet to try this method, I’m sure it won’t disappoint. I also like the pump dispenser. I’m afraid this doesn’t topple my queen bee Bee Yummy face mask, but it’s a close contender.

Price: £25
Ingredients: Aqua (water), mel (Manuka honey HUNI®XA), Macadamia integrifolia (macadamia) seed oil, glycerin, cetearyl wheat bran glucosides & cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea nut) butter, glyceryl stearate, Actinidia chinensis (kiwifruit) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, Metrosideros excelsa (pohutukawa) leaf/bark extract, sodium hyaluronate, glyceryl caprylate, sodium hydroxide, p-anisic acid, parfum / fragrance (contains components of essential oils: citronellol, d-limonene, linalool, coumarin)

Overall I was impressed with Comvita - especially the bargain – but I would say these facemasks are worth their original price anyway. I can’t work out why they’re so reduced and when I asked the ladies in the shop one speculated that maybe they were being discontinued, the other suggested “they just are” (hmm a clear and helpful message from Comvita *confused face*). Either way I’d try to get in on this steal deal while you can!


xxx