Thursday, 24 April 2014

DR HAUSCHKA PURE CARE COVER STICK

As far as I’ve experienced, Dr Hauschka is a brand that delivers reliable quality with trustworthy ingredients. I’ve never been disappointed by any of their products and this one is no exception… but it didn’t blow me away either.


The concealer has a thick yet creamy consistency and is quick and easy to apply. I find it adequately moisturizing around the eyes but the real gem is when it’s used to cover blemishes. Although I don’t find that it cures spots, it certainly doesn’t aggravate them and I would suggest that my experience with the stick supports their claims that the active ingredients of tea tree, calendula and manuca oils “help blemishes disappear fast”, or at least faster.

It covers blemishes moderately well (I could always do with a little extra help!) and while it doesn’t cover as much as I’d perhaps like, I do feel like the product lasts. I got the shade sand 03 and while I have a tendency to think I’m more tanned than I am (wishful thinking) this seems to be ok. If I were to repurchase I’d probably go for 02, however I probably won’t.

Price: £18
Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Manihot Utilissima (Tapioca) Starch, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Cera Flava, Lanolin, Elaeis Guineenis (Palm) Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Rosa Gallica (French Rose) Flower Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Perfume, Limonene (component of natural essential oils), Linalool (component of natural essential oils), Geraniol (component of natural essential oils), Citral (component of natural essential oils), Anthylis Vulneraria Extract (component of natural essential oils), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract (component of natural essential oils), Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Melaleuca Altemifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Oil, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77499, CI 77899, CI 77707, CI 77947

This is a high quality product with great ingredients but I don’t think its performance is mind blowingly amazing.Have you tried the Dr Hauschka concealer? And I'd be grateful for any suggestions on natural concealers with serious coverage?

xxx