Tuesday, 29 April 2014

INDIE LEE: BLEMISH LOTION & SQUALANE FACIAL OIL

I like that the Indie Lee products I’ve tried don’t feel, smell or perform like other natural beauty products, they somehow seem unique. The products are appropriately priced; the ingredients used are pure yet effective and I love the packaging, simple and chic. What I particularly love and admire about the brand is that it began after Indie Lee overcame a brain tumor. Her website tentatively suggests that environmental toxins may have caused her life threatening illness, and so in 2009 Indie admirably channeled her change in fortune into creating “an eco-chic collection of skincare products that combine style and sustainability without sacrifice”. The Blemish Lotion and Squalane Facial Oil have provided my introduction to the brand Indie Lee and so far, so good.



Squalane Facial Oil:  Derived from olives, this Squalane oil is said to improve elasticity, better complexion and boost cell regeneration. As a natural moisturizer, squalane is inherently present in our skin. The percentage however declines as we age so in my opinion, giving our skin a little extra help with a Indie's oil can’t hurt. Appropriate for all skin types, I’ve found this to be much lighter than most other facial oils. It goes on seamlessly and works well under makeup, so I love to use this as my morning moisturizer... If my skin feels in need of a little extra oomph, I sometimes add a serum, but this product can party alone too.

I really like this facial oil primarily because of its unique texture and moisturizing properties. I can’t say I’ve found it to provide miraculous results but I like it a lot and as organic face oils come, it’s not going to break the bank.

Price: £22
Ingredients: 100% Squalane Oil (derived from Olives)

Blemish Lotion: I’m coming to the realization that unfortunately, there’s no quick fix for blemishes. Although it’s not going to make blemishes disappear overnight, Indie Lee’s Blemish Lotion has come the closest to this dream so far. I like the sensation the lotion provides on application, as it feels like it’s cleansing the blemish from within. Noice.

N.B contrary to instinct, don’t shake the bottle but allow the sediment to settle before dipping a cotton bud in the lotion and applying to blemishes. This is not intended for full face or large surface areas.

Price: £18
Ingredients: Purified Water (aqua), Colloidal Sulphur, Zinc Oxide, Salicylic Acid, Magnesium Aliminium Silicate (clay), Camphor, Iron Oxide, Isopropyl Alcohol

Have you tried any Indie Lee products yet? And did you know of the inspiring motivation behind the brand? Indie Lee’s Calendula Eye Balm is next on my wishlist…


xxx