Friday, 4 April 2014

KINGFISHER TOOTHPASTE


I’m afraid this post is a little more mundane but I thought it worth mentioning as I’ve been so busy focusing on cleaning out my makeup bag that I hadn’t thought of making the smaller changes... Toothpaste being one of them.

There are a number of harmful ingredients in mainstream toothpaste and we expose ourselves (and ingest this) twice a day. Fluoride is a common component, both helpful in preventing decay and highly toxic. Other ingredient you may want to consider avoiding include Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) a pesticide commonly acknowledged as harmful, artificial sweeteners and dyes and Triclosan, a pesticide and hormone disruptor.


I’ve read in a couple of places that it’s sometimes a little difficult to find an effective natural toothpaste. I just thought I’d share this brand as I’ve had great success with it and it’s sold in a number of places. I think it tastes like normal toothpaste but it contains no artificial colours, flavourings or preservatives and uses natural ingredients such as fennel, lemons and peppermint. It’s approved by the British Dental Health Foundation and attempts to minimize its impact on the environment as well as contributes to projects abroad in places like Tibet (so you can feel great about just brushing your teeth!). One thing I will say is that it's runnier than other toothpastes so make sure the lid is firmly on.

Give it a go and see what you think. It’s such an easy switch that makes a difference to the number of nasty chemicals you may be exposing yourself to…


xxx