Tuesday, 1 April 2014

OCC LIP TAR: BLACK DALHIA

I though I was onto a winner here but I’m afraid I’m not convinced…

 
I LOVE:
  • The colour – Highly pigmented you can use a lot or a little depending on the look and intensity you’re going for. I was not sure what to expect with the shade Black Dahlia but it turned out to be beautiful.
  • The precision brush it comes with is a useful little tool.
  • The minty scent and sensation.
  • Vegan and cruelty free.  

NOT SO KEEN:
  • It bleeds – and because it’s a lip stain this is very difficult to correct if you’re out of the house! – probably solve with a lip liner but I didn’t have one this colour
  • Seriously tricky to get off – even my go to makeup remover coconut oil had trouble.
  • Fades unevenly – so you’re left with the dreaded lipstick line on the inner and outer areas of your lips (*hangs and shakes head). Perhaps this could be solved with some serious exfoliation but I tried and it didn’t seem to work for me


Price: £14
Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate | May Contain: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, D&C Red #30, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica


So some pros and cons here. For me, I feel the first application is so promising but then throughout the day or night this product is just such a  hassle to maintain. Have you had any experience with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics? How did they work for you and have you got any tips on how I should be using the Lip Tar?


xxx