Monday, 14 April 2014

TARTE COSMETICS REVIEW


Tarte Cosmetics has been a brand that I’ve wanted to get my hands on for too long, alas it was only available in the US… Until recently! Big love goes out to QVC who has finally introduced the brand to the UK. As a brand that excludes parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, SLS and gluten (bit random!?), it prides itself on being a brand that delivers high-performance naturals with delightfully glitzy packaging and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it.




Tarte Amazonian Clay Sultry Sunset Eyeshadow Palette: I love the compilation of colours they’ve chosen for this set and they all compliment each other beautifully. The powders are the perfect consistency and have a good colour pay off. They last pretty well, not perfectly – but I’m sure this could be solved with a good primer. I think this palette is great value (in comparison to other natural makeups) and easily bridges the transition from day tonight.

Price: £26.50
Ingredients: Mica, talc nulon-12, dimethicone, magnesium stearate, octyldodecanol, bis-diglycerly polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecl stearoyl stearate, cetyl dimethicone, phenowyethanol, caprylyl glycol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, coconut oil, kaolin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, carmine

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner With Double-Ended Brush – This has to be the best eyeliner I’ve ever used from both natural and mainstream brands. It’s a true black and while I wouldn’t describe it as 100% waterproof, it’s definitely long wearing and lasts all day without smudging. I thought the brush that it comes with would be a bit rubbish but the product is easy to apply and I don’t feel the need to rush out and buy another eyeliner brush (as I was expecting to do). This will definitely be a makeup bag staple. Very impressed.

Price: £20
Ingredients: Dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, polyethylene, isododecane, polybutene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, ozokerite, Candelilla Cera/ Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Cire de candelilla, silica, kaolin, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol.  May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-):  Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492).

I can’t wait to get my hands on more Tarte Cosmetic offerings, any suggestions? And what have been your experiences with the range?


xxx