Wednesday, 14 May 2014

IF YOU'VE GOT A PAW PAW: PRICKLY PEAR SEED OIL


I actually got this on a trip to Morocco, and having tried a number of the plethora of natural oils available, prickly pear seed was one I had not yet got my paw paws on.

Highly moisturizing, prickly pear seed oil is rich in vitamins and minerals (it contains a high percentage of linoleic acid and omega 6), treats wrinkles, combats skin tone and improves elasticity. It works for a variety of skin types as although it’s highly moisturizing and occlusive, it’s also an excellent product for oily skin as a result of its pore size reduction qualities.

It’s a clear yellow green oil, a little like olive oil in appearance. It’s one of the drier oils (not quite as dry as argon) and absorbs easily. It’s also very versatile and can be used for face, skin, nails and hair (though I’ve only tried the former).

I have to say it doesn’t smell amazing but I’ve used it day and night and feel like it’s improved my general skin condition. In particular, I think it gives the skin a healthy glow.

Have you tried prickly pear seed oil?


xxx