Monday, 5 May 2014

LATE TO THE PARTY: EGYPTIAN MAGIC & RMS SEDUCE



Now these are two products that I didn’t really get along with when I was first introduced to them. I felt that Egyptian Magic was overrated and the RMS cream eyeshadow in Seduce was a strike on Rose-Marie Swift’s otherwise flawless record, but I’ll admit I was wrong. It just took me a little time to work out how and where these products work for me. I’ve had a revelation and now I can join the celebration.

RMS Cream Eyeshadow in Seduce: As an eyeshadow I found this product so disappointing. I so wanted to love it, it was such a beautiful colour and I get on so well with the other RMS products I’ve tried (including other eyeshadows) but its staying power and tendency to crease was infuriating. We were frenemies until now. I’ve found that applying this product to my brows with any small makeup brush (I use a Space NK smudge brush) is a winner. It fills in my brows so successfully without looking ‘coloured in’ and lasts well in this location. This is now my go to eyebrow product. Triumph.

Price: £19
Ingredients: *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil,*Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica CI 77019, Carmine CI 75470]

Egyptian Magic: I think the problem here was that I found the number of things it was supposedly capable of doing a little overwhelming and so I wasn’t sure how to use it. For me, Egyptian Magic’s vocation is as a makeup remover. If you’ve been using coconut oil for this purpose but find it blocks your pores, try melting Egyptian magic in your hands, rubbing it over your face, then removing it with a damp flannel. This product is also the travellers friend as it considerably reduces  the number of products you have to pack. Very handy when you're on the move. Personally I use this product as a makeup remover, moisturizer and lip balm but it can also be used for other beautification purposes such as taming fly aways.

Price: £25
Ingredients: Olive oil, beeswax, honey, propollis, pollen, royal jelly

Have you had any products that were initially disappointing then turned out to be a firm friends?


xxx