Thursday, 8 May 2014

LILY LOLO: SHIMMER STIPES & EYESHADOW DUO

Having heard many good things online about the brand Lily Lolo, I finally decided it was time to take the plunge when I saw a couple of products in TK MAXX. Lily Lolo is a Uk based brand that was founded by two sisters. As natural beauty products come, Lily Lolo is a fairly inexpensive range and it’s performance doesn’t disappoint. What I’ve been particularly impressed by, is how easy the products are to use. They seem fairly fool proof in application and have a wonderfully natural pay off that lasts.


Rose Glow Shimmer Stripes: I very nearly refrained from buying this as I thought the pink shimmery hues might look tacky. For once, my impulsive buying streak paid off. I would now describe this as one of my favourite makeup products. Similar to Nars’ Orgasm, this blush gives such a natural alive flush you literally can’t go wrong with it. I’m in love <3.


 























Price: £19.99
Ingredients: Mica, Octyldodecanol, Zea Mays Starch/ Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Candelilla Cera / Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Magnesium Stearate, Ricinus Communis Oil/Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Anisic Acid, Cinnamic Acid May Contain: CI 77891(Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine)


Pressed Eyeshadow Duo in Poison Ivy: There were a couple of options in terms of shades here, but after much umming and aahing I went for Poison Ivy. The shades are beautiful and so easy to use. I tend to apply the rosy shade to my lid and the ivy shade to my socket line with the result of a naturally enhanced eye. A very dreamy product. Super chic.

 























Price: £6
Ingredients: MICA, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL, PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) SEED OIL, LEPTOSPERMUM SCOPARIUM (MANUKA) OIL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, ERYNGIUM MARITIMUM CALLUS CULTURE FILTRATE [+/- SILICA, TIN OXIDE, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) , CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE)]

I’ve been completely converted to Lily Lolo, and as Jana of Small Bits of Loveliness has suggested, I think I’ll try my hand at their mineral foundation next!

xxx