Sunday, 18 May 2014

PACIFICA


Pacifica was a brand I hadn’t heard of before The Little Shop of Beauty. This area of the event had many appealing products on display but in the end I just went for three. It’s an affordable brand which is 100% vegan, not tested on animals and refuses its ingredients phthalates, parabens, GMO, propylene glycol or artificial colours.

Enlightened Gloss in Opal: My favourite of the bunch. I’ve been watching a lot of Gossip Girl recently and so have come back round to the notion of ‘gloss’. This is not the glossiest of glosses but I like that and it ensures it’s not too sticky (one’s hair can make contact with lips with out it being too much of an issue). Opal is a gorgeous, iridescent nude that would work with most makeup looks and makes your lips look incredibly healthy. This is one of the only lip glosses I’ve found that genuinely feels like it’s conditioning my lips!

Price: £12
Ingredients: Carthamus tintorius (safflower oil), oleic/linolenic polyglycerides, euphorbia cerifera ( candlila) wax, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) esters, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, theobroma cacao ( cocoa) butter, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, silica, olea europaea (olive) oil, parfum (natural), tocopherol eupatorium rebaudianum bertoni (stevia) leaf extract.  May contain: calcium sodium borosilicate, eclipta prostrate extract (natural color), media azadirachta (neem) leaf extract, manganese violet c1 77742, titanium dioxide c1 77891, iron oxides c1 77491, c1 77492, mica, tin oxide.


Pacifica Waikiki Pikake Perfume: This one I actually got free in The Little Shop of Beauty goodie bag but it was a very pleasant surprise. I have to say I’m still not overly familiar with natural perfumes but I was impressed by the lasting scent that this little roll on perfume gives. Small but mighty. I honestly can’t put my finger on what it smells like, but it smells real good. Floral. I think primarily jasmine.

Price: £12
Ingredients: Natural, pure grain alcohol and Pacifica’s signature perfume blends with essential and natural oils. Made without phthalates, parabens, mineral oils, GMO, propylene glycol, and artificial color. No animal testing. 100% vegan and gluten-free.

Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes: For some reason I find these a little too harsh on my face so I wouldn’t repurchase, but they’re great on the go with their reseal packaging and smell amazingly coconutty.

Price: £6
Ingredients: Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin (vegetable), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract , Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Extract , Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (all natural). 

Have you heard of Pacifica? I’m definitely keen to try more of their makeup...



xxx