Sunday, 11 May 2014

SUFFICIENTLY SUPPLEMENTED

Health begins with diet, but sometimes (often) I feel like me and my body need a little extra help. Supplements are a great way to get that little bit of extra nutrition. It’s difficult to know how well supplements are working as the build up is so gradual but here are three that I’ve recently been taking.

Eye Q Capsules

I’m not particularly keen on fish so these are a great way to ensure that my levels of omega-3 and omega-6 are sufficient. Each serving contains fish oil, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, evening primrose oil and gamma-linolenic acid. What I prefer about this parictular brand of fish oil capsules, is that it prohibits the use of casein, gluten, chemicals and synthetic additives. Fish oils are said to improve cognitive performance, bone function as well as improving hair, skin and nail condition. I take two capsules every morning.

Price is currently £22.99 for 180 capsules at Holland and Barrett.

Solgar Vitamin B Complex 50

This high potency Vitamin B complex contains vitamin B1, B6, Pantothenic Acid, B2, Inositol, B3, Choline, B12, Folic Acid, D-biotin, powdered plant base as well as bulking and anti-caking agents. This powerful combination of vitamins are said to work in synergy to promote the nervous system and energy metabolism. I take one capsule in the morning.

Prices seem to vary but should be around £10 for 50 capsules.

The Organic Pharmacy Calcium & Magnesium Complex

With key ingredients such as calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, potassium citrate, vitamin D2 and zinc citrate, this complex works to reduce stress, as well as improve our bones, muscles, skin, nervous system and immune systems. Pow! I take 2 capsules before bed.

Price is about £18 for 60 capsules

Remember supplements are just supplements and need to be consumed alongside a healthy diet. Do you have any favourite supplements that you’ve found work well?


xxx