Friday, 9 May 2014

'THE LITTLE SHOP OF BEAUTY' POP-UP EVENT


Last night I was invited to ‘The Little Shop of Beauty’ press night, courtesy of Sheridan & Co. It’s a three day event which continues to the 11th of May so there’s still time to go if you’re in London and interested (the goodie bag alone is worth a visit). The pop-up event focuses on “championing inner and outer beauty” and provides a chance to meet, greet and try various virtuous brands that focus on natural health and beauty whilst being plied with the most delicious healthy nibbles and drinks. Heaven.


The Pressery

I love to support local brands and this is just that. A new start up based in East London, The Pressery aims to “offer a simple measure towards a healthy balanced lifestyle”. Already available in Whole Foods and Selfridges, this is the plushest of almond milks, rich in vitamins and minerals as well as protein, fibre and calcium. The raw nuts are processed in a way that maximizes the products nutritional value. Keep your eyes pealed for their Cacoa Almond Milk. It’s phenomenal.

Pai Skincare

Founded by London based Sarah Brown in 2007, Pai Skincare is already a well-established organic skincare brand whose reputation precedes itself. Hero to sensitive skin, apparently it’s a favourite of Natalie Portman. Sold! I’ve had my eye on the Pai Rosehip Oil and the Fragonia and Seabuckthorn Hand Cream for a while now but the Chamomile & Rosehip Cream is now also firmly on my radar. (I was over the moon when I later discovered the Pai Rosehip Oil was in our goodie bags).

 
Silk + Honey

The very lovely Sharonda Flynn launched this brand in February 2014 after discovering first hand, the repercussions of using beauty products with harmful ingredient. What’s unique about this brand is that it provides you with the ingredients, utensils and instructions to make you own batch of product so that youR know exactly what’s going into and onto your skin. So far there’s a Shimmering Body Cream, a Shea Butter Hair Conditioning Mask, a Natural Lip Gloss and an Anti-ageing Hand Cream available.

Rude Health

Rude Health is a company that stands by the ethos “Eat Right. Stay Brilliant”. A wonderful array of breakfast foods and snacks, I was particularly taken by their new notion of ‘Drinking Oats’. Finely milled oats in a bottle awaiting almond milk to be poured onto them and you’re ready to go. The very quick and easy answer to a healthy light breakfast (I’d personally need a little more) or a snack on the go!


Giovanni Haircare

I’m looking forward to trying the products this brand has to offer. Already popular in the US, the brand strives to deliver Eco Chic Hair Care. Their Argan infused line is apparently one to watch and it isn’t going to break the bank.

Pacifica

I hadn’t heard of Pacifica before but they offer affordable natural makeup. I purchased some face wipes and their lip gloss in opal so I’ll let you know how I get on…

Bobos Juicery

These guys deliver cold-pressed juices and smoothies to your door. About a fiver a pop these are beverages are both delicious and nutritious as well as having descriptive titles such as ‘worn out’ and ‘give me strength’. All the right side of Alice and Wonderland, there are six flavours. Some people use Bobos Juicery products for their entire diet, but this ‘juicing’ malaki isn’t for me so I’ll just stick to these action packed beverages as a supplement.

Sweet Virtues
 
Unfortunately I never made it to these guys so I don’t know a whole lot about the product. What I can tell you (thanks to the goodie bag) is that these are unbelievably delicious handmade superfood truffles that are worth looking in to.

Arganic

Of course argan oil has been having a beauty moment but Arganic is a brand that offers both culinary and beauty benefits. They use only the best quality argan seeds which are delicately cold-pressed and sourced from morocco.


What was in my goodie bag: 

More information about ‘The Little Shop of Beauty’ pop-up event and tickets are available here.



xxx