Thursday, 22 May 2014

THE POWERHOUSE OF HAIR REMOVAL: STOP HAIR & EPILATION


Now that the summer’s here (England has experienced a few freak days of uninterrupted sunshine) it’s time to bear all. Although summer is a completely gorgeous time of year, it has its hassles and the constant maintenance of hair removal is one of them.

Epilator: Although it seems like a lot to blow in one transaction, a good epilator is a sound investment and will save money in the long run (just think of all those waxing appointments!). I use the Braun Silk-Epil 7 Wet & Dry Cordless which is around £100.  I used to find it really rather painful, but whether my hair has got weaker or my skin’s acclimatized to epilation, I’ve got used to the sensation and it just seems quicker and easier than waxing but lasts so much longer than shaving. Plus it’s very portable and eliminates any chemicals associated with waxing.

Stop Hair Inhibitor: I stumbled across this product online and was intrigued. Of Australian origin, apparently this product consists of all natural ingredients, contains no parabens and “mimics the process of male pattern baldness”. Applied daily after any form of hair removal, the product claims to eventually permanently remove hair. Hmmmm, for £39.95 it all seems a bit too good to be true… I certainly haven’t experienced complete and permanent hair removal from this product and I’ve bought a couple of bottles, but I’m fairly confident that it works and it feels incredibly gentle. It seems to have reduced regrowth and so I’m keen to continue using it and find out what happens. A great one for summer!

Have you got any tips for summer maintenance? I find together, this combination of hair removal techniques is a bit of a powerhouse, which means I can just relax a little more about when my next hair removal appointment will have to be...

xxx