Friday, 6 June 2014

ILIA LIPSTICK: FEMME FATALE


I would describe this shade as less berry and more dark brick red. I had hoped for the former (I love me some berry shades) but it has actually turned out to be a hit for me anyway. The colour gets a lot of compliments and somehow makes teeth look whiter.

It lasts impressively well. I like to use a lip liner as well just to add definition and staying power (I’ve been using a red Borlind one). I will say that with too many layers, it can look and feel a little cakey and end up settling unevenly so don’t be tempted to get too heavy handed, one or two layers should be enough.

I have actually found that Ilia lipstick conditions my lips just as well as their lip conditioners, so if you’re umming and ahhing about which route to take (as I was) the decision here comes down to colour pay off (or get both as I did). If you prefer to go bold, go with the lipstick. The lip conditioners have a great colour pay off as well but are a little more sheer. It depends on preference… I’ve reviewed the Hold Me Now Ilia Lip Conditioner here.


I love Ilia! Have you tried their products?

Price: £22

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Beeswax (Cera Alba)*, Triisostearyl Citrate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Manihot Esculenta (Tapioca) Starch *, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil, Sage (Salvia Officinalis) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol.


xxx